top of page
Jim's Fly Pin, from Paul McCain
Thread: White 8/0
Tail: Lite-brite and Sparkle yarn
Body: White Antron
Post: Calf tail in hot colors
Hackle: White, one size larger
1. Tie on the thread, then make a post with the calf tail.
2. Tie in the hackle at the base of the post.
3. Wrap thread back to bend of hook.
4. Tie in a small amount of Lite-brite, then a small tail of sparkle yarn on top.
5. Dub body and wrap forward to post.
6. Wrap hackle parachute style.
7. Tie off and whip-finish, then cut post short.
This fly is on our Housatonic River trip list of recommended flies.
bottom of page